Ashoka Concessions Limited organizes 2016 Road Safety Campaign
Ashoka Concessions Limited has concluded its annual month long road safety awareness campaign. This year, the campaign was organized from January 10 to February 9, 2016 around the 20 locations across India where the company has projects underway. Ashoka Concessions Limited is a subsidiary of Ashoka Buildcon Limited, one of India's largest BOT based highway developers. It is currently working on road building projects in West Bengal, Orissa, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, and Maharashtra.
The highlight of this year's campaign was that safety related lectures were delivered at over 500 schools. The company says that since today's youngsters would soon find themselves behind the steering wheel, it its vital to educate them about road safety. As a part of the campaign, reflective stickers were put up on vehicles, pamphlets were distributed and vans with a public address system were used to spread the road safety message.
The company stationed volunteers at their toll plazas who requested road users to follow the rules and regulations at all times. Alcohol breath analyzers and speed guns were donated to the local police departments across numerous locations. Free eye check up camps for truck drivers were also held. The company also installed robotic flagmen to warn motorists of diversions and conducted safety training sessions for laborers at road construction sites.
Ashish Katariya, managing director, Ashoka Concessions Ltd said 'Safety is a collective responsibility and with this annual initiative our aim is to encourage commuters, workers and drivers to help us in reducing fatalities and accidents on highways. Change will not come overnight, but continual efforts will definitely make a difference."
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019