Ashoka Concessions Limited organizes 2016 Road Safety Campaign
Ashoka Concessions Limited has concluded its annual month long road safety awareness campaign. This year, the campaign was organized from January 10 to February 9, 2016 around the 20 locations across India where the company has projects underway. Ashoka Concessions Limited is a subsidiary of Ashoka Buildcon Limited, one of India's largest BOT based highway developers. It is currently working on road building projects in West Bengal, Orissa, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, and Maharashtra.
The highlight of this year's campaign was that safety related lectures were delivered at over 500 schools. The company says that since today's youngsters would soon find themselves behind the steering wheel, it its vital to educate them about road safety. As a part of the campaign, reflective stickers were put up on vehicles, pamphlets were distributed and vans with a public address system were used to spread the road safety message.
The company stationed volunteers at their toll plazas who requested road users to follow the rules and regulations at all times. Alcohol breath analyzers and speed guns were donated to the local police departments across numerous locations. Free eye check up camps for truck drivers were also held. The company also installed robotic flagmen to warn motorists of diversions and conducted safety training sessions for laborers at road construction sites.
Ashish Katariya, managing director, Ashoka Concessions Ltd said 'Safety is a collective responsibility and with this annual initiative our aim is to encourage commuters, workers and drivers to help us in reducing fatalities and accidents on highways. Change will not come overnight, but continual efforts will definitely make a difference."
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018