Asian Karting: Fourth place for Shahan after tough weekend at Sepang
Shahan Ali Mohsin finished fourth at the final race of the Round 4 of the 2016 Asia Max Karting Championship at Sepang
Shahan Ali Mohsin capped off a tough weekend at the Sepang round of the 2016 Asia Max Karting Championship with a strong fourth-place finish at the final race.
The weekend began with some issues, as the Top Kart team that Shahan races for wasn't able to find the ideal setup for his kart. After a fair number of permutations and combinations had been experimented with, Shahan managed to get second place during qualifying. The gap to the frontrunners was two-tenths of a second, which meant Shahan started the heats in fourth place.
While he managed to hold on to fourth in both heats, things got tricky during the pre-final race when a jammed throttle cable dashed his hopes of a strong finish. Though he'd made it to third place at one point in the race, loss of power saw him slip down to fifth, fight his way back to second place and eventually finish third.
In the finals, Shahan fought hard to get a podium, but wasn't able to, given that he didn't have the pace that was required. However, despite finishing fourth in the final race, he still manages to lead the Micro Max Championship standings by five points from nearest rival Oscar NG.
Asia Max Karting Championship - Results
Round 4, Micro Max Category
1 Dylan Rogers Singapore 14:15.028
2 Amer Harris Malaysia 14:15.147
3 Oscar NG Malaysia 14:15.625
4 Shahan Ali Mohsin India 14:15.724
5 Li Hao Ran China 14:15.893
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019