Aston Martin starts production of DB11's new V12 engine
Aston Martin announced that it has commenced the production of a new engine for the upcoming DB11. The power unit is a 5.2-litre twin-turbo V12 with power figure of 608PS and 700Nm of torque.
With the use of the new engine, the DB11 has effectively become the fastest DB model ever with a 0-100 sprint in 3.9s and top speed of 320kph. To improve efficiency and emissions, the engine gets cylinder bank activation and start-stop technology.
Each engine will be assembled by a single technician from the start till the end, and the whole process will take around 8 hours. All the engines will be assembled at the Aston Martin Engine Plant (AMEP) in Cologne, Germany. The plant, dedicated to manufacturing engines, started production in 2004 and has an annual capacity 8,000 engines.
Brian Fitzsimons, chief engineer, powertrain, Aston Martin, said, "To see this new engine go into full production at AMEP makes me very proud. Designing and developing the 5.2L twin-turbo power plant has been an all-consuming passion for me and my team. Knowing that the end result would be built with meticulous care in a truly state-of-the-art facility such as AMEP was an added motivation. It's a hugely exciting time to be an engineer at Aston Martin, not least because this is just the beginning for the new twin-turbo V12."
Starts Rs 4.05 Crore
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing