Aston Martin to unveil Vantage and DB9 special editions at Geneva Motor Show 2014
British sports car maker Aston Martin will unveil two new special edition models of its V8 Vantage and DB9 sports cars at next month's Geneva Motor Show.
V8 Vantage N430
This car is available in coupe and roadster form. Aston Martin says that the "N430 is honed on the racetrack to excel on the road" and you will agree with that line after seeing the performance figures.
The exterior is the same as the Vantage but get dark themed details like graphite painted alloy wheels, black front grille, headlamp bezels, exterior meshes, textured tail pipe finishers and clear tail lights with black surrounds. Overall these changes convey the sporty intent of the car and add a hint of aggression.
Interiors get carbon fibre and Kevlar seats and black tread plates and pedals. Customer can also opt for a 1000W Bang & Olufsen BeoSound audio system with ICEpower technology.
Aston Martin V8 Vantage N430
In a car like the V8 Vantage, the engine takes centre stage. The engine propelling this car is a mid-mounted, all-alloy, quad cam, 4.7 litre V8. This engines makes 436 horses at a screaming 7300rpm and claims a 0-100kmph time of 4.6 seconds. The N430 has a top speed of 305kmph and power from the engine is transferred to the wheels via a six- speed manual or an optional close ratio, seven-speed Sportshift II automated manual transmission for a more driver focused setup.
Aston claims that the carefully calibrated sports suspension and quick ratio steering rack provide the driver with better agility and cornering levels.
Deliveries of the N430 are expected to start in UK by September this year with prices starting from Rs 93,41,500.
DB9 Carbon Black & Carbon White special editions
The Carbon Black DB9 again gets the strong dark theme and features carbon fibre in generous quantities. The White edition appeals by virtue of strong contrast between the carbon fibre and dark shades on the car against the Stratus White paint and caliper colour. Another special piece on both of these models include carbon fibre side strakes and black window surrounds.
Interior of the Carbon Black edition has a strong black styling theme and has a bespoke sill plaque with a carbon black or a carbon white logo which conveys the uniqueness of the car.
Aston Carbon White special edition
Powering the DB9 is an AM11, 6.0 litre V12 engine belting out 517PS and a maximum pulling power of 620Nm. The DB9 is capable of a top speed of 294kmph.
Prices for the special edition DB9 are available on request from any of Aston Martin's 149 dealers across the world.
Starts Rs 2.9 Crore
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018