Ather 450 X electric scooter to be launched in India on January 28
Ather, the electric scooter manufacturer recently teased its upcoming 450 X. This time around, the company has announced the scooter will be launched by the end of this month, i.e January 28.
By the name of the upcoming scooter - the Ather 450 X is expected to be a beefy and a sportier version of the 450. Currently, the Ather 450 is priced at Rs 1.13 lakh in Banglore and Rs 1.22 lakh in Chennai. However, the 450 X could ask a premium of Rs 10,000-12,000 over the standard variant's pricing.
The 450X could see the same cycle parts carried over from the standard scooter such as the telescopic forks in the front and a mono-shock in the rear. Just as the 450, the 450 X would get disc brake setup on either end, but this time the new scooter could benefit from an ABS system that is missing in the standard Ather 450.
Mechanically, the Ather 450 X could get the same drivetrain as the standard model. The power figures for the standard Ather 450 is rated at 7.3PS and 20.5Nm of torque but we believe the 450X could see a minor hike in its output. The range is expected to be similar to the current Ather 450. What's more on our expectation list is a newer version of Ather's user interface.
Post-launch, the Ather 450 X will rival the higher, premium variant of the Bajaj Chetak.
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!