Ather drops prices of 450 and 340 - courtesy GST revision and FAME-II subsidy
The GST rate on electric vehicles was brought down from 12 per cent to 5 per cent last week by the council. This allows Ather to reduce the prices of their 340 and 450 electric scooters by Rs 9,000.
The Ather 340 has been priced Rs 1.02 lakh in Banglore and Rs 1.10 in the city of Chennai. Likewise, the new prices for the Ather 450 are Rs 1.13 lakh in Banglore and Rs 1.22 lakh in Chennai. The aforementioned prices are on-road prices for the respective cities.
Currently, Ather sells the 450 and 340 in Banglore and Chennai and is expected to start operations in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi NCR, and 30 cities Pan India by 2023
Also, the company recently inaugurated 'Ather Space' on July 24. Ather Space offers an interactive experience where the potential/interested customers can take a test ride of the scooters and educate themselves about ownership of an EV.
Since May 2019, Ather begun installing Ather Grid points in Chennai. So far the company has installed 10 fast charging points. The charging stations can be found in malls, offices, cafes, restaurants and grocery stores. Ather Energy will provide free charging at Ather grid for two and four-wheelers till December 2019 to encourage EV adoption. Ather also plans to install additional 40-50 charging networks in Chennai by December 2019.
- NewsSupreme Court allows registration of BSIV vehicles sold before lockdown
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners