Audi A3 Cabriolet to be launched in India today
Audi India showcased the A3 Cabriolet at the Auto Expo earlier this year. Back then we were the first ones to tell you that Audi will be bringing this sporty iteration of the A3 in late 2014. And now Audi has officially announced that the A3 Cabriolet will be launched in the country on December 11.
The A3 Cabriolet comes with a fabric roof that can be opened or closed at speeds of upto 50kmph. Audi claims the process takes just 18 seconds. The A3 cabriolet is available internationally with two smaller capacity engines (1.4 TFSI and 1.6 TDi) and two larger capacity engines (1.8 TFSI and 2.0 TFSI). The larger engines are also offered with the option of Quattro all-wheel drive. Given that Audi is positioning these cars as sporty, there's a good chance that we will get the AWD variants. Engine wise, the 1.8 TFSI may be offered in two states of tune - 180PS/280Nm with Quattro and 180PS/250Nm without Quattro. For diesel, it's likely to get the 184PS/380Nm making 2.0 TDI.
While the standard A3 is locally assembled, the Cabriolet will be a CBU which will make it considerably more expensive. Prices for the A3 sedan start at Rs 22.95 lakh and extend to Rs 32.66 lakh ex -Delhi.
Starts Rs 48.52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium