Audi A3 sedan spotted testing in India, launch in 2014
Audi has ambitious plans for the Indian market and those include capturing a lion's share of the luxury car segment pie. Prime amongst this is the launch of new models in the coming times. OVERDRIVE reader Vijesh Shah caught this undisguised A3 sedan test mule in Mumbai. The A3 sedan while looking similar to any other Audi in the Indian market today will have well appointed interiors for its class with ease of access being the central theme. The S Line trim comes with Audi's Drive Select system, MMI, a sunroof, two zone climate control and a multifunctional steering. All of these are expected to be available for Indian customers as well. Additional features include leather seats with electrical adjustability. Audi may very well also bring in a stripped down A3 to achieve a very aggressive price tag.
Petrol engine options in the A3 sedan can either be a 140PS 1.4 TFSI/180PS 1.8-litre TFSI. As far as diesels are concerned, there will be the familiar 150PS 2.0TDi. Internationally Audi also offers the A3 in base diesel trim with a 105PS 1.6TDi, similar to what you will find under the hood of a Vento. However it is unlikely that this engine will make it into India and we expect the 1.8 petrol and 2.0-litre diesel. We have driven the car in Munich and you can read our report here.
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Image gallery - a closer look at the most affordable bobber in the country
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber India launch Live Updates: Price, Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak: Everything that you should know
- NewsAll-new Triumph Tiger 900 Rally and GT to be unveiled on December 3