Audi A8 L launched in India for Rs 1.56 crore
Audi has launched the A8 L in India at a starting price of Rs 1.56 crore ex-showroom. A8 L is the long-wheelbase version of the A8, featuring a 48-volt mild-hybrid technology to support the 3.0-litre V6 turbo-petrol under the hood. However, the petrol motor alone produces a power output of 340PS and 500Nm of torque, with the power being transferred to the wheels by an 8-speed automatic transmission. With the mild-hybrid technology, the car can cruise between speeds of 55-160 kmph for 40 seconds without the engine turned on.
With a broad single-frame grille and a flowing side design upfront, the A8 L gets a full-length light strip at the rear, earlier seen in the Q8. The A8 L measures 5.3 meters in length, 1.95 meters widthwise, and 1.49 meters in height. To compensate for the longer wheelbase, Audi has included all-wheel steering to the A8 L, reducing the turning radius of the sedan significantly.
Inside the cabin, the A8 L hosts a total of 5 touchscreens, massaging seats, in-car entertainment with ambient lighting and video calling facility using the in-built entertainment screens. The dashboard of the luxury sedan features a 10.1-inch touchscreen with MMI touch response, below which is a 8.6-inch curved display for the climate control. The instrument cluster also gets Audi's "Virtual Cockpit" technology with a heads-up display and multifunction steering wheel.
In terms of safety, the A8 L comes with 8 airbags as standard with two optional airbags, ABS with EBD, lane assist warning and a 360-degree camera that provides a birds-eye view of the car.
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- NewsInterview: Balbir Singh Dhillon, head of Audi India, on the Corona crisis, Strategy 2025, EVs and supercars
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055