Audi and Huawei sign MoU for strategic co-operation for the development of Intelligent Connected vehicles
German premium carmaker Audi plans to partner with China's Huawei Technologies to work on projects related to automated and connected vehicles.
Audi said it signed a memorandum of understanding for a strategic cooperation with the Chinese telecommunications and Technology Company
Audi became the first foreign automobile manufacturer to participate in the first-time deployment of LTE-V on public roads in the city of Wuxi in eastern China in 2017.
LTE-V is a mobile communication standard, which is especially for connected cars. Drivers were provided with real-time traffic information via connections to traffic light systems and video monitoring at intersections.
Before the signing of this MoU, Audi and Huawei have agreed to co-operate in many areas related to intelligent connected vehicles in recent years. The two companies initiated the telecom-vehicle cross-industry organization 5GAA and have held joint demos in various countries including Germany, China and Spain confirming the growth of the intelligent connected vehicles domain.
The expansion of this communication requires intensive research and development. Intelligent connected vehicles allow relevant information to be exchanged with the surrounding environment. To achieve this, cars need a high-quality, stable data connection. The co-operation between Audi and Huawei has also proposed to facilitate the ongoing advancement of intelligent driving in the vehicle environment.
The project will enter it's next phase at the World Internet of Things Exposition at Wuxi, China in September 2018 with an even broader range of applications.
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- NewsNew-gen Nissan Livina MPV is a rival to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda BR-V
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani