Audi and Huawei sign MoU for strategic co-operation for the development of Intelligent Connected vehicles
German premium carmaker Audi plans to partner with China's Huawei Technologies to work on projects related to automated and connected vehicles.
Audi said it signed a memorandum of understanding for a strategic cooperation with the Chinese telecommunications and Technology Company
Audi became the first foreign automobile manufacturer to participate in the first-time deployment of LTE-V on public roads in the city of Wuxi in eastern China in 2017.
LTE-V is a mobile communication standard, which is especially for connected cars. Drivers were provided with real-time traffic information via connections to traffic light systems and video monitoring at intersections.
Before the signing of this MoU, Audi and Huawei have agreed to co-operate in many areas related to intelligent connected vehicles in recent years. The two companies initiated the telecom-vehicle cross-industry organization 5GAA and have held joint demos in various countries including Germany, China and Spain confirming the growth of the intelligent connected vehicles domain.
The expansion of this communication requires intensive research and development. Intelligent connected vehicles allow relevant information to be exchanged with the surrounding environment. To achieve this, cars need a high-quality, stable data connection. The co-operation between Audi and Huawei has also proposed to facilitate the ongoing advancement of intelligent driving in the vehicle environment.
The project will enter it's next phase at the World Internet of Things Exposition at Wuxi, China in September 2018 with an even broader range of applications.
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review