Audi announces its most powerful twin-turbo V6 diesel engine
Audi recently unveiled its most powerful V6 diesel till date ahead of the Geneva Motor Show. This new diesel engine called BiTDI is a 3.0-litre twin-turbo 6-cylinder and dishes out 313PS of power and a massive 651Nm of torque. Audi plans to use this engine in the A6 sedan and claims that the A6 will go from 0-100kmph in a claimed 5.1s with the top speed limited to a shade less than 250kmph. Combined with this impressive performance figures, the A6 will also deliver a claimed overall mileage of 18.74kmpl.
At a later stage, this engine will also be seen under the hood of the Q7 after initially using it in the A6 and A7 sedans in Europe. Audi are also said to have fitted in a sound actuator which gives this engine a meaty exhaust roar akin to their turbo-petrols. Is it coming to India? Well, all we can do is wait and pray with folded hands.
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip