Audi India launches updated RS5 at Rs 95.28 lakh
Audi India launched the new RS5 coupe today at a starting price of Rs 95.28 ex-showroom, Maharashtra. While there are no mechanical alterations in comparison with the outgoing model, the new RS5 comes with several styling upgrades.
Audi India Managing Director Michael Perschke with racer Aditya Patel launched the updated AudiRS5
Up front, the rectangular Xenon headlamps have been replaced by trapezium-shaped Xenon plus headlights. Side extensions and a speed-activated rear spoiler have been added for better aerodynamics. Audi claims that the RS5 does 0-100kmph in 4.5 seconds and has a top speed of 250kmph.
The new RS5's interiors have brushed aluminium inlays, power adjustable 'S sports' seats (with optional climate-controlled seats) and also a lap timer for added appeal to the racing enthusiasts. The mechanical specs, however, remain the same. Powering the RS5 is a 450PS/430Nm 4.2 FSI V8 engine. Mated to this engine is a 7-speed S-tronic dual-clutch transmission. Audi claims the fuel efficiency hovers around the 10 kmpl mark.
The RS5 comes with Quattro (Audi's signature all-wheel drive technologies) and Audi Drive Select driving dynamics system. The RS5's ESP with sport mode can be deactivated for some sideways action if you're in the mood for some daredevilry. Audi is also offering Dynamic Ride Control with variable damping as an option on the RS5.
Audi, as of now, has 26 showrooms across India with plans of expanding to 34 by the end of 2013.
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders