Audi India to introduce products below the A3 and Q3
In an interview with a new outlet, Audi's country brand head, Rahil Ansari, said that the company was exploring possibilities of launching cars below the A3 and Q3's price point in the Indian market over the next two to three years
Audi could be one of the models lined up as per this strategy
Mr Ansari said that Audi was looking to change its strategy in India, given that it had lost volumes to competitors since 2015. It was now looking to cover lost ground but not at the cost of diluting the value of the Audi brand. The company aims to introduce at least one product in the SUV, sedan and hatchback categories to garner volumes. There are expectations that it will launch the Q2 small SUV in the country but this is unconfirmed as of now. These products should be in the Rs 22 to 25 lakh price bracket. In line with this strategy, Mr Ansari also said that Audi would ensure double-digit product launches every year starting 2018.
Mr Ansari said that India remained an important strategic market for Audi and that the brand was committed to making investments in the country in spite of the unfavourable tax structure for luxury vehicles. The investment would now instead be focused on the volume end of the market, in a similar strategy to what Mercedes-Benz has done earlier with its A-Class hatchback.
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed