Audi India to introduce products below the A3 and Q3
In an interview with a new outlet, Audi's country brand head, Rahil Ansari, said that the company was exploring possibilities of launching cars below the A3 and Q3's price point in the Indian market over the next two to three years
Audi could be one of the models lined up as per this strategy
Mr Ansari said that Audi was looking to change its strategy in India, given that it had lost volumes to competitors since 2015. It was now looking to cover lost ground but not at the cost of diluting the value of the Audi brand. The company aims to introduce at least one product in the SUV, sedan and hatchback categories to garner volumes. There are expectations that it will launch the Q2 small SUV in the country but this is unconfirmed as of now. These products should be in the Rs 22 to 25 lakh price bracket. In line with this strategy, Mr Ansari also said that Audi would ensure double-digit product launches every year starting 2018.
Mr Ansari said that India remained an important strategic market for Audi and that the brand was committed to making investments in the country in spite of the unfavourable tax structure for luxury vehicles. The investment would now instead be focused on the volume end of the market, in a similar strategy to what Mercedes-Benz has done earlier with its A-Class hatchback.
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out