Audi India to launch the S5 Sportback
Audi India has decided to plug every gap. As is obvious, it is doing whatever it takes to consolidate its number one position in India. So, come mid-2015, the company will launch the S5 Sportback in the Indian market.
Sportbacks, unlike conventional sedans, have a stylish silhouette that is both distinctive as well as eye catching. In India the Audi A7 and its wilder sibling, the RS7 were the only sportbacks from Ingolstadt and the S5 Sportback will join them, although at a lower price point.
Slotting in between the S4 and S6, the S5 Sportback will feature a 3.0-litre, supercharged V6 that produces 340PS. The suspension is tuned to be softer than those on the RS5, making it easier to live with. on our roads.
The styling on the exterior is slightly toned down, compared to the RS5, but does bestow an individual identity on the car, especially amongst its S model peers.
The sloping roof line that lends a long bonnet-short boot lid look, silver finish mirrors, DRLs that wraparound the inside edge of the headlamps and other design elements make the car standout.
The Audi S5 Sportback will appeal to the discerning, style conscious buyer who is looking for a fast car for everyday use. Expect Audi India to price the car competitively between the S4 and S6 sedans.The S5 Sportback is similar to the BMW M4 in terms of size, but as far as price and power are concerned, the car will compete with the Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG.
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800