Audi India's first launch in 2019 to be flagship A8 sedan
Audi is looking to improve its product portfolio in India with two major launches in 2019. The first of these will be the Audi A8 flagship sedan, following which the firm will launch the updated R8 supercar. The e-tron EV SUV will also make its debut here. The company had limited launches last year, the Audi Q5's petrol and diesel variants and the Audi RS 5 Coupe.
The company sold 6,463 units in 2018, a drop of 18 per cent over last year. The company experienced this drop in sales due its largest dealer location closing down. It also faced supply constraints for selected models due to the European market's shift to the WLTP cycle. This led to models being phased out and other phased in, affecting the groups operations in India. The company also said that 2018 had been challenging for the luxury car market as a whole. There were new developments in financial markets, changing customer sentiment and a new taxation policy. Audi still managed to consolidate its position in the market in this scenario.
For 2019, there will be new service campaigns and more workshops as per customer requests. The company also wants buyers in India to develop a pop culture-like association with the Audi brand. The company will create curated content and come up with initiatives to appeal to fans and enthusiasts.
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani