Audi India's first launch in 2019 to be flagship A8 sedan
Audi is looking to improve its product portfolio in India with two major launches in 2019. The first of these will be the Audi A8 flagship sedan, following which the firm will launch the updated R8 supercar. The e-tron EV SUV will also make its debut here. The company had limited launches last year, the Audi Q5's petrol and diesel variants and the Audi RS 5 Coupe.
The company sold 6,463 units in 2018, a drop of 18 per cent over last year. The company experienced this drop in sales due its largest dealer location closing down. It also faced supply constraints for selected models due to the European market's shift to the WLTP cycle. This led to models being phased out and other phased in, affecting the groups operations in India. The company also said that 2018 had been challenging for the luxury car market as a whole. There were new developments in financial markets, changing customer sentiment and a new taxation policy. Audi still managed to consolidate its position in the market in this scenario.
For 2019, there will be new service campaigns and more workshops as per customer requests. The company also wants buyers in India to develop a pop culture-like association with the Audi brand. The company will create curated content and come up with initiatives to appeal to fans and enthusiasts.
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip