Audi Q2 convertible SUV rendered
Earlier this month, Audi unveiled the smallest SUV, the Q2 at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The Q2 looks similar to the other Audi SUVs but has its distinct elements that might work with a younger audience. However, there is a new rendering that has surfaced online that outlines a convertible model based on the Q2 SUV.
The rendered image carries the same front as the Q2 but receives a major change in the form of a chopped roof and two doors instead of the four. If Audi considers making the Q2 convertible for real, it will be the first convertible SUV from the German carmaker. The rendering might appear outlandish to some but is surely not impossible to execute as Volkswagen revealed the T-Cross Breeze concept at the Geneva Motor Show. Both, the Q2 and the T-Cross Breeze are based on the MQB platform, making it a viable option.
The powertrain options in the Audi Q2 include a 1.0-litre three-cylinder motor that puts out 114PS and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission with front wheel drive as standard. Higher variants feature Quattro and 7-speed dual clutch transmission. The highest spec variant will come equipped with a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol motor that generates 190PS of power. The same might be carried forward to the convertible SUV.
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3