Audi Q4 concept revealed before Beijing debut
The Q4 concept previews a new crossover that will be positioned between the Q3 and the Q5 will compete with likes of the BMW X4.
The Audi Q4 Concept combines crossover form with sporty styling seen recently on the new TT
Before making its first public appearance at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show, the Audi Q4 has been revealed on the internet through a series of sketches. The Q4 concept is a coupe-crossover that appears like a sportier evolution of the 2007 Audi Cross Coupe concept that shaped the Q3. The concept combines the crossover form with the sporty styling seen recently on the new TT sharp LED headlamps, chiseled fascia, narrow glasshouse, aluminium fuel filler cap and of course, the interiors.
The interiors too are inspired by the TT
With the 2014 All-road Shooting Brake concept, Audi had made its intensions clear about developing a coupe crossover based on the TT's theme. The Q4 concept takes this idea further, but unlike the TT, the Q4 is a five-door model. The concept features a hybrid powertrain comprising of a 2.0-litre petrol engine mated to a dual-clutch transmission and an electric motor. There's an additional electric motor powering the rear wheels, giving it Quattro (all-wheel drive) capabilities.
The Audi Q4 Concept features quattro and a hybrid powertrain
Interestingly, the concept will be unveiled at the same period when BMW debuts its production-ready X4 coupe-crossover - which will be the Q4's rival if Audi puts it into production. Other rivals would include the Range Rover Evoque and the upcoming Porsche Macan.
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market