Audi RS 7 to launch in India today
Audi is hours away from launching its most powerful car in India, the new RS 7, today. The RS 7, which is the sport variant of the A7 saloon, comes with a 4.0TFSI V8 engine which makes 560PS of power and 700Nm of peak torque. With Quattro all-wheel drive and an eight-speed tiptronic transmission, the RS 7 sprints from 0-100kmph in less than four seconds. Top speed hovers around the 300kmph mark.
The RS 7 also benefits in the fuel efficiency department with its cylinder-on-demand technology, which closes the cylinder valves at low and medium engine speeds. Audi says that the 2014 car thatis coming to India is 15 per cent more fuel efficient than its predecessor currently being sold in the US.
A super sedan based on the A7, RS 7 hasn't sacrificed comfort for performance. The Audi RS 7 gets sports seats done in Valcona leather with honeycomb quilting.
Watch the RS 7 video
Plus there are RS embossed door handles and shifter knob. Needless to say, there are aluminium foot rests and pedals. As far as infotainment goes, there is the MMI interface with handwriting recognition. Audi may also offer the optional Night Vision Assistant with the RS 7.
We expect Audi to price the RS 7 around the Rs 1.3 crore mark. There are no real competitors for the car though at this price point, except for maybe the Panamera Turbo.
The RS 7 follows Audi's RS 5 and is not the last of the RS series with the RS 6 also expected to come to India.
Starts Rs 1.47 Crore
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- Review2019 Triumph Speed Twin first ride review
- NewsSkoda India and Volkswagen Group India inaugurate new tech centre under India 2.0
- OpinionWhy the makers do it
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani