Audi SQ7 features in Captain America: Civil War
Audi and Marvel have been involved with one another for quite a while now, with Audi using Marvel's movies as a platform to tease their upcoming cars. With Captain America: Civil War releasing next month, Audi is featuring a number of their cars in the superhero movie, the star being the Audi SQ7 TDI.
The SQ7 TDI is powered by a 4.0-litre V8 diesel engine with two turbochargers, producing 435PS and 900Nm of torque. The engine also features an electrically driven supercharger which is spooled by a 7KW DC motor. The motor is able to bring the supercharger to its 70,000rpm limit in under a quarter of a second. This more or less does away with any turbo lag by providing instantaneous boost even at 1,000rpm. Power is sent to an 8-speed tiptronic transmission, which is then split amongst the four wheels via Audi's Quattro all-wheel drive system. All this electrical wizardry results in a 0-100kmph time of 4.8 seconds, going all the way to an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph.
The SQ7 gets an air suspension specifically tuned for its performance needs along with 20-inch rims. Carbon-ceramic disc brakes and 22-inch alloy wheels are an available option.
"Marvel's Captain America: Civil War is another good strategy fit for the Audi brand," said Giovanni Perosino, head of marketing communications AUDI AG.
Along with the SQ7, the movie also features the R8 V10 Plus, the new A4 sedan, and the A7 Sportback.
Starts Rs 67.76 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol