Audi SUVs to contribute 50 per cent in its global sales by 2025
SUVs and crossovers have not just been gaining popularity in India but have also been a rage around the world. This can be justified by the advent of many automobile companies like Bentley, Rolls-Royce and others stepping into the bandwagon without any prior legacy in making SUVs. At the announcement of its May 2018 sales, Audi stated that half of its global sales will come from its SUVs by 2025.
The German automobile manufacturer has sold more than 1.25 lakh units globally in May, registering an increase of 16 per cent over the same month last year. Audi's sales in the US has already seen the SUVs dominate the trend as they amount to 51 per cent of sales, while that in Europe and China and 33 per cent and 34 per cent respectively
The Audi Q8 is the company's flagship offering globally
Audi's future plans already has a lot of focus on SUVs and crossovers. The company will be launching a Q1, that will be its SUV range starter and will compete with the likes of the BMW X1. Also, Audi is working on a Q4 SUV that will lock horns with the Range Rover Evoque. And lastly, the new flagship, Audi Q8 that was recently revealed in its production guise. While international dealerships are expected to begin shortly, we can expect it to arrive in India sometime next year.
In addition to the conventionally powered models, Audi is also betting heavily on electrification. The all-electric Audi E-Tron Quattro will debut next year followed by the two all new zero-emission SUVs that will be a part of the 20 electrified vehicles that Audi plans to launch by 2025,
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip