Audi to invest Rs 1.88 lakh crore, launch 11 new cars by 2018
Audi is planning to invest a total of around 22 billion (Rs 1.88 lakh crore) in new models, innovative technologies and its worldwide production infrastructure in the next five years.
Audi will spend a huge chunk of the investment for developing new cars
The company's German sites will benefit from the largest technical development and investment programme in the company's history more than half of the planned investment will go to the Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm sites. Moreover, Audi also plans to create more jobs globally in 2014.
Rupert Stadler, chairman of the AUDI AG board of management, views the investment programme as an important component of the company's growth strategy. "We had set the goal of 1.5 million deliveries per year by 2015, but we already achieved that quite comfortably in 2013. We are now decisively steering towards our next milestone of two million deliveries. This is why we are keeping our foot on the gas regarding investments and why we are hiring new employees in 2014."
Audi wants to expand its product range from the current 49 models to 60 different models by 2020 and develop the next generation of fuel-efficient engines.
Just a few weeks ago, Audi also announced that it will be producing the new Audi Q1 in Ingolstadt starting in 2016.
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- NewsAutomotive production resumes in China
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maxxis comes up with revised logo
- NewsNear-production ready BMW R 18 cruiser spied
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055