Audi to launch an EV in India by 2020, if infrastructure is in place
Audi has been working on launching three all-new EVs that it plans to launch globally by 2020. And if the infrastructure is ready in India till then, Audi India might bring one of those models in the country as well. We believe that should not be difficult considering the government ambitious plan of having only electric vehicles in India by 2030. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari too has confirmed it at the seventh annual SIAM convention last year.
The Audi e-tron prototype offers a preview of the first purely electrically powered model from the brand. The SUV combines a roomy interior with a range capable of covering long distances.
In an interview to PTI, Rahil Ansari, head, Audi India, mentioned, "Globally Audi will launch three EVs until 2020. We will be ready to launch a EV in 2019-2020 in India but for that charging infrastructure needs to be there," He further added, "It will depend (introduction of EVs) in terms how far the infrastructure has developed. If the infrastructure is ready we will make a decision of launching in India otherwise we will have to delay it"
The German car manufacturer has already started working on that front and aims to have 30 per cent market share by 2025 in EVs. And will introduce one EV every year starting from 2020. Audi took the 2018 Geneva Motor Show as a platform to showcase their first all-electric e-tron SUV prototype. Before the SUV enters full fledged production, Audi will be making 250 development vehicles that will complete testing under extreme conditions worldwide. Audi has not mentioned the driving range that it plans to achieve on its first all-electric offering but states that it will have "a range suitable for everyday use.". The production version of the Audi e-tron launches on the European market at the end of 2018
Niti Aayog office gets fast charging EV station from ABB
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India