Auto Budget 2015: Renault India's Sumit Sawhney comments
"It is a well-balanced budget. It included a lot of positive measures to give impetus to infrastructure growth. Another positive was the announcement of a firm date on GST, which was a key pre-budget expectation. Although we will have to study the fine print of the budget in terms of clear programs to boost investment, manufacturing and skill development, the directional focus is in sync with the overall expectations to boost growth. Taking cue from what was shared about reform being a continuous process, we hope for ongoing measures and policies to maintain a healthy balance between interest rates, inflation and arrest the fall of the rupee, which will benefit the economy. Although the budget didn't have much for the automobile sector, we are hopeful for some pro-business policies in the near future to benefit the industry."
- NewsMotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo announces retirement at the end of 2019 season
- NewsThe McLaren Elva is the company's lightest ever road car, and promises to be its most visceral
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber to be launched in India tomorrow
- NewsBSVI Honda SP 125 launched in India - Prices start at Rs 72,900
- News2020 Tata Altroz spotted testing ahead of December 3 unveiling