Auto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
Mercedes-Benz has shown the long wheelbase version of its facelifted C-Class at the ongoing Auto China 2018. The generation of Mercedes-Benz C-Class L had originally been launched in 2014 and the car showed yesterday brings with it changes that were seen on the C-Class recently. This car's wheelbase is 80mm longer than that of a standard C-Class.
Notable changes that come with the facelift are new four-cylinder engines options equipped with a 48-volt electrical system. LED headlamps are now standard while multibeam headlights are available as an optional extra.
The interior has been refurbished with a fully digital instrument display, a larger infotainment screen and a new multifunction steering wheel, as seen on Mercedes' newer offerings. The ambient lighting feature now comes with 64 colour options, an optional multi-contour seat package featuring a massaging function and the 'Energizing' comfort control feature seen on the S-Class. This feature allows for six selectable programs which alter the ambient lighting, sound, and other settings to improve comfort inside the cabin.
This is Mercedes-Benz' third major unveiling at Auto China 2018 after the A-Class L sedan and the Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept.
The Chinese luxury car market, much like in India, is heavily biased towards rear seat comfort. Most buyers employ chauffeurs and car makers cater to this by offering LWB versions (Mercedes already offers the E-Class LWB and S-Class LWB) of their existing line-up. This launch is interesting from an Indian perspective given that has re-engineered the LHD Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB from China for the Indian market. It would do well to follow a similar strategy with the C-Class, given the success the E-Class has seen here.
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488