Auto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
Varroc Group, a prominent auto component manufacturer from India is planning on becoming one of the top-three three suppliers worldwide of external lighting systems. To achieve this, the company is looking for acquisitions globally.
The group is already the sixth largest globally in external auto lightings. It supplies head and tail lamps and small lights to JLR, Ford, Tesla, Volkswagen, FCA, PSA and Renault Nissan and other American and European carmakers. It now wants to acquire Korean and Japanese customers.
Mr Srinivasan, the CFO of the company said in an interview to a news outlet that they want to be recognised as a global auto component player. It is good for them to be number one or number two in India but their ambition is more than that.
The Vaaroc group entered the lighting systems business when it acquired the lighting systems business of Visteon Group from Ford in 2012. It now has six factories in Mexico, Czech Republic, China and India, with two more factories under construction in Brazil and Morocco.
It is also in the final stage of acquiring a lighting systems company in Turkey.
The Group also includes Varroc Engineering Ltd. supplying auto components to two and three-wheeler companies like Bajaj Auto.
Source: The Hindu
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review