Auto Expo 2012 - Jaguar Land Rover showcases the C-X16, DC 100 & DC 100 Sport
Jaguar showed its concept sports car the C-X16 at the Auto Expo 2012 in Delhi. The C-X16 is a new generation hybrid sports car producing 380PS and 450Nm of torque from a supercharged V6 engine. An electric system boosts performance by 95PS and 235Nm of torque at just the push of the button. Power is transferred to the wheels through an eight speed gearbox. The C-X16 goes from 0 to 100kmph in just 4.4 seconds and has a top speed of 298kmph.
Being a hybrid this is not your regular sports car and there are bundled within a very sleek outer frame many green bits that help you save money while helping the environment. For example the start stop function where the car can shut down in as little as 300 milliseconds when it comes to a stand still and then can restart it faster than the driver can move his foot from brake to accelerator. This and more green technology help this 'sports car' return up to 17kmpl. That's in the range of your family hatchback. "The C-X16 is our compelling vision for a 21st century Jaguar sports car. It embodies the established Jaguar strengths of sensual design, animal-like agility and inspirational performance and combines these with attributes that set us on a course to create sustainable sports cars of the future." Adrian Hallmark, global brand director, Jaguar Cars.
Also on display were the Land Rover Defender Concept 100 and Defender Concept 100 Sport. It will replace the iconic Land Rover Defender when they cease production of the old model in 2015 after it completes 71 years of being in production. The Concepts both have a more futuristic look to it retaining few of the original model's rugged looks. This has upset the purists who have till 2015 to buy themselves a piece of automotive history.
Team OD | 23 Jan 2019
Team OD | 21 Jan 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz V-Class MPV India launch
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches V-Class in India at Rs 68.40 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz V-Class MPV India launch
- NewsTriumph Factory Custom Thruxton unveiled, will be a limited edition offering
- NewsSpec Comparo: Tata Harrier v Jeep Compass v Hyundai Creta v Mahindra XUV500 v Renault Captur
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani