Auto Expo 2012 - Mahindra unveils hydrogen fuelled 3-wheeler
Mahindra and Mahindra unveiled the world's first hydrogen fuelled 3-wheeler, the HyAlfa at the 2012 Auto Expo in Delhi. This vehicle is a part of the $1 million DELHY-3W project that has been funded by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and International Centre for Hydrogen Energy Technologies (UNIDO-ICHET), taking nearly three years to complete.
Air Products USA is also a project partner who provided the hydrogen fuelling station for this vehicle. Currently they have setup a hydrogen refuelling station in Pragati Maidan. Mahindra and Mahindra aim to reduce pollution by using hydrogen â" which is free of carÂbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxides of sulphur and particulates. Mahindra claim that with 1kg of hydrogen, the HyAlfa gives around 80km of mileage.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Pawan Goenka, president of automotive and farm equipment sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra said, "Mahindra is aiming to provide alternative fuel technology solutions and the HyAlfa is part of its mobility initiatives. We have prepared 15 vehicles for integration of the optimised engine, storage system, fuelling system and safety features for this hydrogen fuel enabled vehicle."
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip