Auto Expo 2014 Audi lineup: A3 sedan, R18 e-tron quattro and special editions
Audi will be displaying over half-a-dozen cars at the Auto Expo, including the Le Mans winning race car R18 e-tron and the A3 sedan. The soon to be launched A3 sedan will be Audi's most compact offering in India. As of now the stripped Q3 S SUV with a manual transmission is the most affordable Audi on sale in India. Whether the A3 will be priced lower than the Q3 S or not remains to be seen. Audi could launch a more basic model later on to bring the price further down. Nevertheless we expect the price to lie between Rs 25 and 30lakh.
The Audi A3 sedan will be the most compact offering by the German manufacturer in India
The A3 features typical sharp Audi styling in a compact form that makes for a rather dynamic design. Of the many engine options available abroad we expect the familiar 2.0-litre TDI with 150PS and the 1.8-litre TSI that produces 180PS. Power is sent to the front wheels through a 7-speed dual clutch automatic. Audi will also be showcasing the refreshed flagship A8 luxury sedan.
As before, India will only get the long wheelbase A8L. Audi will be displaying the range topping A8L W12 at the expo but we expect Audi to introduce the option of smaller engines, including the popular 3.0-litre TDI. Yes the car will be featuring those trick Matrix LED headlamps that automatically cut the high beam around oncoming vehicles while leaving the rest of the road bathed in light.
The third vehicle that will be displayed is the RS 7 Sportback that was recently launched at Rs 1.28 crore ex-Mumbai. The RS 7 is a high performance version of Audi's A7 which features a twin turbo 4.0-litre V8 good for 560PS. That makes it the most powerful car that Audi produces today, along with the equally powerful RS 6.
Other unveils include special editions of the Q3, Q5 and Q7 SUVs. As a special treat to the visitors, Audi's 2012 Le Mans winner, the R18 e-tron quattro will also be on display.
We have driven the Audi A3 sedan. Read our drive experience here
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.2 Crore
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018