Auto Expo 2014 BMW lineup: M6 Gran coupe, i8, 3 Series GT and X5
BMW is coming to the Auto Expo with guns blazing. The company will have an arsenal of both high performance vehicles and an environmentally conscious electric and hybrid machine. Just as we told you a few months ago, the German manufacturer will launch the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo at the Auto Expo. The large hatchback was unveiled globally only last year and is now heading here. Expect both the 328i petrol and 320d diesel to go on sale.
2014 BMW 3 Series GT
The BMW M6 Gran Coupe will also be on display, the four-door coupe gets M Power and is expected to launch in India in April this year. The M6 uses the same 4.4-litre, twin-turbo V8 as the M5 so max power and torque is an impressive 560PS and 680Nm respectively. Besides this BMW will be showcasing the new X5 SUV that's larger, more luxurious, quicker and more efficient than before. The SUV is also coming to India and this is your chance to see it even before it goes on sale.
The radical hybrid sports car, the i8 will be on display too and BMW will put it on sale in India soon. The car is BMW's take on what a true hybrid sports car should be. The mid-engined, 4.7-metre-long i8 uses a carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) shell on a welded all-aluminium chassis. The i8 is a part-time all-wheel-drive. The car uses a new 3-cylinder 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that sends 232PS of powers to the rear wheels, with an added 133PS power from a lithium-ion electric motor going to the front. The top speed is restricted to 249kmph while BMW claims a 0-100kmph sprint in 4.4 seconds and an efficiency of 50kmpl.
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh