Auto Expo 2014 BMW lineup: M6 Gran coupe, i8, 3 Series GT and X5
BMW is coming to the Auto Expo with guns blazing. The company will have an arsenal of both high performance vehicles and an environmentally conscious electric and hybrid machine. Just as we told you a few months ago, the German manufacturer will launch the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo at the Auto Expo. The large hatchback was unveiled globally only last year and is now heading here. Expect both the 328i petrol and 320d diesel to go on sale.
2014 BMW 3 Series GT
The BMW M6 Gran Coupe will also be on display, the four-door coupe gets M Power and is expected to launch in India in April this year. The M6 uses the same 4.4-litre, twin-turbo V8 as the M5 so max power and torque is an impressive 560PS and 680Nm respectively. Besides this BMW will be showcasing the new X5 SUV that's larger, more luxurious, quicker and more efficient than before. The SUV is also coming to India and this is your chance to see it even before it goes on sale.
The radical hybrid sports car, the i8 will be on display too and BMW will put it on sale in India soon. The car is BMW's take on what a true hybrid sports car should be. The mid-engined, 4.7-metre-long i8 uses a carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) shell on a welded all-aluminium chassis. The i8 is a part-time all-wheel-drive. The car uses a new 3-cylinder 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine that sends 232PS of powers to the rear wheels, with an added 133PS power from a lithium-ion electric motor going to the front. The top speed is restricted to 249kmph while BMW claims a 0-100kmph sprint in 4.4 seconds and an efficiency of 50kmpl.
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
Starts Rs 1.85 Crore
Starts Rs 74.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.8 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India