Auto Expo 2014: Hero Dare unveiled in India
The Dare is a full-on prototype that showed for the first time Hero's 125cc scooter platform featuring an air-cooled engine that makes 9.2PS and 9.5Nm. The Dare is intended to be Hero's scooter for the masculine audience and hence it wears two-tone paint, telescopic forks, alloy wheels, LED lights, a full digital instrument cluster and disc brakes. It also includes convenience features like a charging port for cellphones, side stand indicator, pass switch and a lit underseat storage space.
The styling, especially, at the front, does remind one of the Honda Dio but Hero have added their own twist to it, in the form of a surfeit of illumination. It does look neat if you look past the overt amount of ornamentation that the scooter wears.
Hero have not confirmed a launch plan for the Dare, but we expect the Dare to be on their launch list for 2015. Expect the 125cc scooter platform to start with the Dare for Hero and slowly spread to include the various niches - family scooter and female-friendly scooter in time.
UPDATE: Hero will launch the Dare scooter by the second half of next fiscal
Starts Rs 54,137
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020