Auto Expo 2014: Hero Splendor Pro Classic unveiled in India
Hero pulled off a bit of a surpise with the Hero Splendor Pro Classic, already known as the Hero cafe racer colloquially at the 2014 Auto Expo. The bike is based on the Splendor but takes on the styling of a wee cafe racer to good effect. The lines of the Splendor are still visible on the tank and sidepanel and that combined with just a little too much mass at the rear make the cafe racer look just a little bit less evocative as it could have been.
However, the variant is ready to go on sale now and is a good idea at its core. For long we have complained that the 100-110cc end of the motorcycle is populated by cookie-cutter machines that take no risks and no product differentiation, and from than angle a hardcore mileage-first commuter taking on the styling of a Cafe Racer is a good idea. We hope to see manufacturers having a little more fun with their products like Hero appear to be doing with the Splendor Pro Classic.
UPDATE: Hero has said that they will launch the Splendor Pro Classic before the end of this fiscal (2013-14)
Starts Rs 48,750
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled