Auto Expo 2014 HMSI lineup: CBR 300R, CBR 500R, new 125cc scooter and Gold Wing
Honda will have a big lineup. The big news is the sportsbikes. Honda will have both the CBR500R and the CBR300R at their stand. Honda has been mulling an Indian launch for the CBR500R, which was from the start a product that would aim for the emerging markets. Will it be launched? We think it will be, but not at the Auto Expo.
Honda CBR 500R
What will be launched at the Auto Expo will be the CBR300R, which we expect will replace the CBR250R. Expect a small price rise to come with the new model. Still bigger news in terms of sales volume is that Honda will take the wraps off its Activa 125 at the Auto Expo. We know you've read in other places that the scooter was set to be launched the day after tomorrow since August last year, but our sources confirm that the scooter will be presented at the Auto Expo and we expect it to go on sale immediately or shortly after the Auto Expo.
2014 Honda CBR300R was unveiled in China
Honda will also present the new Gold Wing at the Expo though it isn't clear yet whether it will be there as a flagship representative of the motorcycle line, or as the newest addition to the Indian CBU lineup. Marc Marquez's RC213V as also a middle sports model, the CBR 650F and the much loved technology-filled automatic scooter, the PCX 125 will also be displayed.
Also present at the Honda stall will be its range of ATVs and spectators can see them in action on a specially built track. In addition, there will also be a design concept model.
- NewsBMW Motorrad's GS model is now 40 years old, 1.2 million units sold till date
- NewsJawa India celebrates 18th International Jawa Day
- NewsIndian-owned 1933 Minerva Type AL wins first place at global Concours Virtual 2020
- News2020 Hyundai Tucson facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 22.3 lakh
- NewsAll you need to know: The 2021 Ford Bronco
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block