Auto Expo 2014 Hyundai lineup: Grand i10 sedan, i20, i20 WRC and Santa Fe
Hyundai will launch the Grand i10 sedan at the expo. Based on the Grand i10 hatchback, the sedan, which will replace the Accent in India, will be a little more spacious than the already roomy donor hatch and will rival other sub-4m sedans in its category such as the Dzire and Amaze. It will come with a choice of both petrol and diesel engines with a 5-speed manual transmission being the standard choice. However, the petrol will also come with the option of a 4-speed automatic. Expect Hyundai to price it very competitively.
Hyundai i20 WRC
Other than this, Hyundai will have on display the all-new i20. The new i20 will have a bigger grille but will most likely have a similar face to the outgoing model. There are larger tail lamps as part of the refresh. Interiors are expected to be more premium as well. Hyundai will also showcase the new i20-based WRC car.
Hyundai sedan caught testing
Also part of the refreshes is the new Santa Fe featuring the 'Storm Edge' design philosophy. The SUV will have the same 197PS 2.2-litre 4-cylinder CRDi engine with manual and auto transmissions. Hyundai is also evaluating various MPVs for India and we expect them to showcase a near production-ready prototype at the Expo.
Santa Fe with Storm Edge design
In 2012, Hyundai showcased the Hexa Space MPV concept with hexagonal seating arrangement. We expect some update on its status as well.
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
- NewsBMW Motorrad's GS model is now 40 years old, 1.2 million units sold till date
- NewsJawa India celebrates 18th International Jawa Day
- NewsIndian-owned 1933 Minerva Type AL wins first place at global Concours Virtual 2020
- News2020 Hyundai Tucson facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 22.3 lakh
- NewsAll you need to know: The 2021 Ford Bronco
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block