Auto Expo 2014: JLR lineup includes F-TYPE Coupe, C-X17 concept, Range Rover LWB and Project 7
Jaguar now in its sixth year under Tata Motors leadership is posting record global sales. Indian arm of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) also saw significant growth, posting a 21 per cent increase in retail sales over the previous year. It is also the fastest growing luxury car brand in the country.
Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra unveiled the world's finest SUV, the long wheelbase version of the Range Rover. The long wheelbase version sees an increase of 186mm between the front and rear wheels.
Engine options are the same as the regular Range Rover. Which means that it has the 5.0 litre petrol, supercharged V8 engine, which makes 510PS of power and 625Nm of torque. The diesel will be a 4.4 litre V8, which churns out 339 PS and a monstrous 700Nm of twisting force.
The sensuous F-TYPE Coupe was unveiled by none other than Narain Karthikeyan. The version unveiled by Narain is the base variant which is powered by a 3.0 litre supercharged V6 engine available in two guises of 340 and 380PS. The F-TYPE Coupe will see its Indian launch later this year.
Jaguar also unveiled the C-X17 crossover concept which is its first attempt at an SUV. The showcased was fitted with a 5.0 litre supercharged V8 engine from the F-TYPE coupe. The concept is capable of hitting more than 250km/hr.
It also features an all wheel drive system which will be carried forward to the production variant. A launch is not expected in the near future but the design hints at future production models.
Project 7 concept, a single seater sports car based on the D-Type was also unveiled to the audience.
Jaguars XJ sedan which is posting good sales figures will now be locally manufactured at the company's Pune facility.
The XJ is available in both petrol and diesel variants. Petrol is powered by a four pot, displacing 2000cc and making 240PS. The other petrol option is 3.0 litre petrol churning out 335PS. The range topper is a 5.0 litre making 385PS. The diesel is available in 3.0 litre only and makes 275PS.
The Jaguar XJ starts from Rs 1.6 crore (ex-showroom, Pune).
Starts Rs 99.56 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India