Auto Expo 2014 Mahindra Reva lineup: Verito electric, upgraded e2O, XUV500 electric and Formula E car
Mahindra Reva will be unveiling some exciting electric models which should grab the attention of environmentalist and the carbon conscious customers at the Auto Expo 2014.
Mahindra's portfolio at the expo will include showcase of Formula E racing car, unveiling of the improved e20, Verito electric sedan and the Maxximo electric light truck.
Further details about the Formula E racing car has not been revealed but its participation at the inaugural FIA Formula Championship that begins in September 2014 is likely.
Mahindra Formula E racing car
An updated version of the e20 which so far has received a lukewarm response in the Indian market will also be shown. The new variant will get an improved charging technology that will considerably reduce the charging period. This should help in making the e20 a more desirable vehicle. The launch of this small car will take place immediately after the expo.
The Verito will be the first electric sedan to hit the market when it is launched by the year end along with the Maxximo electric light truck. It is said that the electric Verito sedan will retain the USPs of the regular car but provide cheaper running costs. The year- end launch is aligned to avail the benefit of subsidies which is expected to be offered by the Indian government on EVs (electric vehicles) by then.
Apart from this, there are also talks that Mahindra will showcase the XUV500 in its electric avatar.
"We have been working a lot on next generation electric vehicle technologies, which we will be showcasing in the five products we will display at the Auto Expo," Mahindra Reva Founder and CEO Chetan Maini was quoted as saying
Starts Rs 5.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review