Auto Expo 2014 Mahindra Reva lineup: Verito electric, upgraded e2O, XUV500 electric and Formula E car
Mahindra Reva will be unveiling some exciting electric models which should grab the attention of environmentalist and the carbon conscious customers at the Auto Expo 2014.
Mahindra's portfolio at the expo will include showcase of Formula E racing car, unveiling of the improved e20, Verito electric sedan and the Maxximo electric light truck.
Further details about the Formula E racing car has not been revealed but its participation at the inaugural FIA Formula Championship that begins in September 2014 is likely.
Mahindra Formula E racing car
An updated version of the e20 which so far has received a lukewarm response in the Indian market will also be shown. The new variant will get an improved charging technology that will considerably reduce the charging period. This should help in making the e20 a more desirable vehicle. The launch of this small car will take place immediately after the expo.
The Verito will be the first electric sedan to hit the market when it is launched by the year end along with the Maxximo electric light truck. It is said that the electric Verito sedan will retain the USPs of the regular car but provide cheaper running costs. The year- end launch is aligned to avail the benefit of subsidies which is expected to be offered by the Indian government on EVs (electric vehicles) by then.
Apart from this, there are also talks that Mahindra will showcase the XUV500 in its electric avatar.
"We have been working a lot on next generation electric vehicle technologies, which we will be showcasing in the five products we will display at the Auto Expo," Mahindra Reva Founder and CEO Chetan Maini was quoted as saying
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally