Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra unveils two-seater electric sports car concept
Mahindra has come out as the key player in Indian EV car market in recent years. Even though the market at present is not encouraging for this segment, this hasn't prevented Mahindra from bringing in the slew of new models. Infact the manufacturer went aggressive with the new Halo concept.
Halo is an electric mobility concept, and looks like a proper two seater sports car. This is a first of its kind in India and has a sleek, aerodynamic design with smooth lines all over. The car sits quite low with large wheels that add to the overall sporty character.
The powertrain comprise an all electric motor which, capable of propelling the car to a top speed of 160kmph. The 0-100kmph acceleration comes up in 8 seconds with the boost mode. Halo is capable of doing 200 kilometres on a single charge.
The interior comes with a dual touch screen infotainment system and connectivity features.
Quick charging e2o and a 60-min charging station
Mahindra Reva has also introduced a new smart port technology that enables control of the transfer of energy, to and from the vehicle. The Reva e2o is the first car to get this quick charging technology.
The smart port supports Quick2charge (DC fast charging), Sun2car (Solar charging) and Car2home (e2o can power your home) technologies and only a single port is needed for all of them.
Mahindra Reva also took this opportunity to unveil its Quick2Charge DC fast charging station. By making use of this technology, the e2o can be charged fully in just 60 minutes and will get a 25 km range on a 15 minute charge.
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India