Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra XUV 500 hybrid showcased
Mahindra had showcased their intentions of moving onto alternative fuel technologies with the e2o and electric Verito at the Auto Expo 2012. The Indian manufacturer's latest offering now is the XUV500 hybrid.
With this, the company has ventured in to mass production of SUVs based on its hybrid electric technology systems.
The XUV500 hybrid provides a clean transportation option for urban commute. Mahindra claims that it gives 18 per cent higher fuel efficiency than its and it is also the first manual diesel hybrid in the world.
This vehicle makes use of technologies like permanent magnet synchronous motor and Lithium Ion battery to aid fossil fuel vehicle propulsion.
The electric motor assists the engine while accelerating at low speeds. Regenerative braking technology ensures electricity production while braking and this is used to charge the car's battery.
All these features working in tandem makes the XUV500 hybrid give better fuel economy and performance with a light environment footprint.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block