Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra XUV 500 hybrid showcased
Mahindra had showcased their intentions of moving onto alternative fuel technologies with the e2o and electric Verito at the Auto Expo 2012. The Indian manufacturer's latest offering now is the XUV500 hybrid.
With this, the company has ventured in to mass production of SUVs based on its hybrid electric technology systems.
The XUV500 hybrid provides a clean transportation option for urban commute. Mahindra claims that it gives 18 per cent higher fuel efficiency than its and it is also the first manual diesel hybrid in the world.
This vehicle makes use of technologies like permanent magnet synchronous motor and Lithium Ion battery to aid fossil fuel vehicle propulsion.
The electric motor assists the engine while accelerating at low speeds. Regenerative braking technology ensures electricity production while braking and this is used to charge the car's battery.
All these features working in tandem makes the XUV500 hybrid give better fuel economy and performance with a light environment footprint.
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh