Auto Expo 2014 Maruti lineup: Celerio and iV4
Maruti Suzuki have always taken the Auto Expo seriously, last time the company launched the Ertiga MPV and even displayed the XA Alpha concept SUV. For 2014, India's largest carmaker will launch yet another hatchback, the Celerio. It is the successor to the Alto worldwide and will replace the A-Star and Estilo in India. It is more contemporarily styled and is expected to be roomier than the cars it's replacing. The Celerio features the same K-Series petrol motor seen in the Alto K10 and the A-Star. The petrol variant will be available in two transmission-options, a 5-speed manual and an automated manual, the latter uses a manual transmission but the shifts are done automatically and if needed one can manually shift. The system is a cheaper alternative to a conventional automatic transmission so expect this variant to not cost much more than the MT model.
The A:Wind is powered by a 996cc 3-cylinder petrol engine
Also, for the first time, a compact hatchback from Maruti Suzuki will feature a diesel engine. An in-house developed, 2-cylinder common-rail diesel will debut in the Celerio and will be launched later this year.
Maruti has been missing from the compact SUV space and will launch a new sub-4 metre SUV very soon, the XA Alpha concept based production vehicle isn't ready yet and won't be unveiled till end of this year. However, a larger SUV concept, the iV-4 (which was recently shown in the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show) will be on display. This concept will form the basis for another SUV planned for launch by 2015.
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh