Auto Expo 2014 Mercedes-Benz lineup: Concept GLA, CLA45 AMG and M Guard
2013 was a good year for Mercedes-Benz. The company released a slew of new models and reclaimed its position as the top luxury manufacturer in India for a few months. The company plans to keep the momentum up for 2014 and will kick-start the year by showcasing the CLA-Class, GLA-Class and the new S-Class as well as displaying their existing line-up at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Both the CLA and GLA are based on the same platform that underpins the A and B-Class, but both are very different machines in the flesh.
The CLA is essentially a classy sedan version of the A-Class. It shares the same face but the rear end has a sleek and flowing profile that is inspired by the stylish CLS-Class. The interior is very similar to the A-Class but the swooping roof does eat into head room. We expect it to come with a 1.8-litre turbo petrol and a 2.2-litre turbo diesel, both mated to a 7-speed dual clutch automatic. The company will also be showcasing the mental CLA45 AMG at the Expo.
Merc GLA 250
The GLA on the other hand is a mini SUV of sorts that will go up against the Audi Q3 and BMW X1. It will have reasonable interior space, good dynamics and generous ground clearance. We expect the GLA to go on sale towards the end of the 2014. Expect to the see the same engines and transmission as the CLA.
Mercedes-Benz M-Class Guard
Another new for Mercedes will be the introduction of the M Guard. The M Guard range of vehicles will basically be high-security versions of existing Mercedes-Benz SUVs/passenger cars and will be provided to those requiring Z-type security. We expect these armoured vehicles to go on sale immediately after the expo.
Mercedes-Benz will also show off the technical tour de force that is the brand new S-Class. The car went on sale in January and has received rave reviews worldwide. As a special crowd puller, the company will have their Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 team car stationed at the stand.
Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 team car
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed