Auto Expo 2014 preview: Maps, apps and more
The 2014 Auto Expo is here, and OVERDRIVE will bring you the best and the quickest insight into the India's biggest automotive event. This year, the biennial event promises to be more than just a big show. There are about 80 launches and unveils scheduled this year, that's almost twice as much as the 2012 edition.
A welcome change this time is that the Auto Expo is moving to a new location to make things smoother for automobile lovers. Unlike 2012, it will be divided into two sections - the Motor Show and Components exhibition. The Motor Show will be held between February 7-11 at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida while the Components show will be conducted between Feb 6-9 at Pragati Maidan.
On the other hand it looks like it will be one of the best attended editions of the Delhi-based show with only a handful of manufacturers staying away. Then comes the long, long list of launches, debuts, reveals and more that are ensuring that the buzz around the biennial show has never been greater. But there is more to this biennial event than just the wide array of cars, motorcycles and new technologies.
Auto Expo Mart
Auto Expo organisers have also brought out an app which is available on Android, Blackberry and iOS. This free app helps lists out the names of exhibitors and the site map to locate an exhibitor. Additionally it also gives you directions about the parking, shuttle service and the all important tickets. Visitors can also book their tickets through this app.
The Auto Expo App for Android Users
- Visitors can download the app available on Google Play from your mobile phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siam.autoexpo2014&hl=en
The Auto Expo App for Blackberry Users
- Visitors can download the app available on Blackberry App World from your mobile phone: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45844887/?lang=en&countrycode=IN
The Auto Expo App for Apple Users
- Visitors can download the app available on iTunes from your mobile phone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-expo14/id797538459?ls=1&mt=8
The Auto Expo App for Windows Users
- Visitors can download the app available on Windows from your mobile phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store/app/auto-expo-14/7c68f261-a5ab-4674-a321-251aed2d4502
The Motor Show venue is near the famous JP Golf Course and is at easy reach from the international airport. From central Delhi, the venue can be reached in a car in 45 mins, subject to traffic conditions, of course.
Unlike 2012, this year the expo organisers are providing shuttle services. At the time of writing this report, expo officials said that they are yet to put up the schedule and location of the service and should be updated on the website soon.
At the Expo
One of the biggest problems at an expo is finding your way around the venue. From finding your favourite manufacturer to finding your way through to the main food court. The map above will help you navigate through the venue better.
At the venue, there will be multiple snack corners and multi cuisine restaurants providing refreshments.
Auto Expo officials also have thought of the kids visiting the venue with their parents. For your child, there is a separate Kids Zone and many other activity areas. Some manufacturers like Honda and Yamaha will also bring their mascots that will give the kids some valuable lessons on road safety.
Things to do around the expo
The venue is minutes away from the Formula 1 race track and a number of restaurants and hotels. If you are travelling to Delhi for the Expo like us, then it is a great opportunity for some sightseeing. You can visit the famous Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Jantar Mantar, India Gate, the Lutyens' Delhi and a number of amazing monuments. Don't forget to use the opportunity to dig into some butter chicken, aalo kulchas and lassi.
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?