Auto Expo 2014: Skoda unveils new Superb in India
Skoda didn't have any new cars to display at the 2014 Auto Expo but did generate some interest by way of two comprehensively refreshed models. The first was the Skoda Superb that we drove last month and the second was the facelifted Yeti
The new Superb features a fresh face with new headlamps that feature xenons and LED elements. The allow wheels are new too while the rear end with its brand new LED tail lamps looks far smarter than before, almost Audi like. The interiors get a whole load of extra features like a new media player with added connectivity options. A new three-spoke steering wheel replaces the old, thicker four-spoke unit. The car hasn't grown in size so the interior dimensions remain the same. That means the Superb continues to offer unparalleled interior space. Boot space is also extremely generous at 564 litres.
The Superb will continue to be offered with two engine options. The 1.8-litre turbocharged petrol offers 160PS and is the choice for the enthusiast driver while the trusty 2.0-litre diesel produces 140PS and 320Nm. Skoda offers a choice of three gearboxes. You can have the petrol with a 7-speed dual clutch automatic or a 6-speed manual. The diesel comes only with a 6-speed dual clutch automatic.
You can read about the new Superb's launch and pricing details here
Starts Rs 25.09 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh