Auto Expo 2014: Skoda Yeti facelift unveiled
Skoda showed off two refreshes at the 2014 Auto Expo. One was the refreshed Superb which went on sale yesterday, and the other was this, the refreshed Yeti SUV.
The Yeti receives a similar treatment to the Superb which means its gets a visual makeover in the form of new headlamps that pack xenons and LED day time running lamps. The new grille keeps in with the new family look while the bumpers have been tweaked as well. The tail gets a new set of LED tail lamps just like on the Superb. Internationally the Superb comes in the choice of 'Style' and 'Outdoor' spec. In India we will continue to get only the more rugged Outdoor version. This means that the Yeti will continue to come with plastic cladding on the bumpers and sides. Skoda has given the car a new set of 16-inch alloy wheels.
The interiors don't see much change however Skoda have installed a new three-spoke steering wheel just like the unit on the new Superb. The Yeti also gets a new tyre pressure monitoring system, electrically adjustable driver seat and cruise control along with keyless entry and start. Mechanically the car remains the same with the choice of two diesel engines.
Both displace 2.0-litres but the lower spec 110PS sends power to the front wheels while the higher spec 140PS gets all wheel drive. The 140PS version gets a six speed manual while the 110PS uses a 5-speed manual. The Yeti still doesn't come with an automatic.
We expect Skoda to launch the new Yeti in the coming months and hopefully it will revive flagging sales of the previous model that was a genuinely nice vehicle but sadly never caught on in our market.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar