Auto Expo 2014: Skoda Yeti facelift unveiled
Skoda showed off two refreshes at the 2014 Auto Expo. One was the refreshed Superb which went on sale yesterday, and the other was this, the refreshed Yeti SUV.
The Yeti receives a similar treatment to the Superb which means its gets a visual makeover in the form of new headlamps that pack xenons and LED day time running lamps. The new grille keeps in with the new family look while the bumpers have been tweaked as well. The tail gets a new set of LED tail lamps just like on the Superb. Internationally the Superb comes in the choice of 'Style' and 'Outdoor' spec. In India we will continue to get only the more rugged Outdoor version. This means that the Yeti will continue to come with plastic cladding on the bumpers and sides. Skoda has given the car a new set of 16-inch alloy wheels.
The interiors don't see much change however Skoda have installed a new three-spoke steering wheel just like the unit on the new Superb. The Yeti also gets a new tyre pressure monitoring system, electrically adjustable driver seat and cruise control along with keyless entry and start. Mechanically the car remains the same with the choice of two diesel engines.
Both displace 2.0-litres but the lower spec 110PS sends power to the front wheels while the higher spec 140PS gets all wheel drive. The 140PS version gets a six speed manual while the 110PS uses a 5-speed manual. The Yeti still doesn't come with an automatic.
We expect Skoda to launch the new Yeti in the coming months and hopefully it will revive flagging sales of the previous model that was a genuinely nice vehicle but sadly never caught on in our market.
- News2020 Honda CD 110 Dream launched for Rs 62,729
- NewsCoronavirus impact: BMW Group India resumes operation at its plant in Chennai
- NewsFMSCI nominates CS Santosh and Aishwarya Pissay for consideration for Arjuna Award
- NewsRefreshed Kia Seltos with more features launched at Rs 9.89 lakh
- NewsToyota Fortuner facelift international unveil expected on June 4
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!