Auto Expo 2014: Suzuki V-Strom 1000 launched at Rs 14.5 lakh
Suzuki India showed four new products that are to go on sale in India at the Auto Expo. The largest one and the sole addition to the CBU line up was the new Suzuki V-Strom 1000. The motorcycle, which features a 1037cc V-twin, makes 99PS and is meant to be an adventure tourer, is on sale now at a price of Rs 14.5 lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
Suzuki has had the V-Strom name in its line-up for a while but with this generation of the V-Strom, the motorcycle finally got a lot more role-focus, becoming more clearly an adventure tourer. In fact, at its price, it is the most affordable adventure tourer on sale in India and if the international reviews are any indication, it isn't a cut-price tall-boy either.
Adventure tourers have been blazing a trail in sales terms internationally and the V-Strom comes to the Suzuki showrooms globally at the right time. In fact, India gets the V-Strom at the same time as many international markets.
The engine is an eight valve fuel-injected V-twin and while power has increased only by 2bhp from the previous generation, torque is up across the lower rev range and peak torque is located at a very friendly 4000rpm.
The V-Strom should be easy to ride, able to handle our varied roads with ease and has many features like a manually adjustable screen that should allow the motorcycle to fit Indian riders easily. With its 20 litre tank, the V-Strom should make for a tremendous long distance motorcycle in India, a use case further helped by a price that is Rs 3 lakh or more under every other adventure tourer on sale in India.
Suzuki India is taking orders for the V-Strom right now and will start delivering the first motorcycles soon.
Starts Rs 14,95,000
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar