Auto Expo 2014: TVS Scooty Zest unveiled in India
TVS has revived the Scooty brand with the unveil of an all-new Scooty Zest at the Auto Expo 2014. The Scooty Zest will be launched in India in the next few months. It however remains to be seen if Tata Motors, which recently unveiled its sub-4 metre sedan also named the Zest, will take exception to the name.
Powered by a larger 110cc engine from the Wego, the all-new Scooty claims better pickup and ride quality than its predecessor. Not to mention better fuel efficiency with CVTi technology being incorporated. It has also grown in terms of size with larger seats, under seat storage space and foot board area. The seat and exhaust unit are borrowed from the Wego and Jupiter scooters respectively. There are also other obvious parts sharing to sum up a very competitive pricing. The Scooty Zest will be positioned lower than the Wego and above the Scooty Pep+.
The LED tail lamp is a good-looking unit, while the overall frame is also better designed than the previous Scooty.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani