Auto Expo 2014: TVS Scooty Zest unveiled in India
TVS has revived the Scooty brand with the unveil of an all-new Scooty Zest at the Auto Expo 2014. The Scooty Zest will be launched in India in the next few months. It however remains to be seen if Tata Motors, which recently unveiled its sub-4 metre sedan also named the Zest, will take exception to the name.
Powered by a larger 110cc engine from the Wego, the all-new Scooty claims better pickup and ride quality than its predecessor. Not to mention better fuel efficiency with CVTi technology being incorporated. It has also grown in terms of size with larger seats, under seat storage space and foot board area. The seat and exhaust unit are borrowed from the Wego and Jupiter scooters respectively. There are also other obvious parts sharing to sum up a very competitive pricing. The Scooty Zest will be positioned lower than the Wego and above the Scooty Pep+.
The LED tail lamp is a good-looking unit, while the overall frame is also better designed than the previous Scooty.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block