Auto Expo 2014 Volkswagen lineup: Taigun, Tiguan, Passat and WRC car
Volkswagen has had a good 2013 in terms of launches with as many as eight new models and variants going on sale in India. The brand's Polo TSI has especially been well received. For the 2014 Auto Expo however, VW will not be showing any more updates but will have all-new cars instead.
Volkswagen Taigun concept
First will be the production-spec version of its compact SUV, the Taigun. It was initially showcased nearly two years back at the Sao Paulo Show and we had reported back then that this was headed to India. The Taigun looks every inch a Volkswagen with its recognizable family face and crossover stance. The interiors in the concept car while simple looking had some futuristic touches, all of which may not make it to production. Volkswagen may offer the Taigun with both modern petrol and diesel engines and in manual and automatic guise. Bringing in the Taigun may also change Volkswagen India's fortunes as compact SUVs are currently flying off the shelves.
The Taigun's elder brother, the Tiguan will also be displayed at the Expo. An SUV which will sit considerably below the Touareg, the Tiguan will take on the Fortuner and Santa Fe.
2014 Volkswagen BlueMotion Concept
Volkswagen will also bring in the updated Passat with a 1.4TSI engine boasting cylinder deactivation technology and the familiar 2.0TDI. Other than this, there will also be the all-new Beetle, which will begin its second innings in India. Volkswagen will also show its 2013 WRC-winning car at the expo.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.49 Lakhs
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range