Auto Expo 2016: Datsun redi-Go likely to be unveiled
At the last Auto Expo, Datsun made its city-car sized crossover plans evident with the redi-Go concept. Come 2016 and the production ready version of the redi-Go will make its entry onto the scene - in all likelihood, at the 2016 Auto Expo.
The Datsun redi-GO concept shown at the 2014 Auto Expo
The folks at Indian Autos Blog managed to get their hands on some spy shots of the redi-Go test mules doing the rounds in Chennai. From whatever little the camouflage reveals, the redi-Go could end up looking more like the 2014 concept than the fresher, more aggressive looking theme portrayed by the larger crossover concept that was shown this October in Japan.
The Datsun crossover concept shown in 2015
The redi-Go is based on the same CMF-A platform that underpins the recently launched Renault Kwid. Word is that the Datsun spin-off could use a different engine and gearbox than the Kwid's 800cc mill. An AMT would be on the cards too. We expect more concrete details on the oily bits closer to the unveiling of the production model. Given the heat the Go faced concerning its safety attributes, we expect basics like airbags and ABS offered as an optional extra across the range. Like the Kwid, the redi-GO too is targeted at the entry-level segment, so expect the prices to start under Rs 3 lakh. Stay tuned for more.
Image courtesy: Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000