Auto Expo 2016: Datsun to showcase Go-Cross and Bluebird 1600 SSS (510) rally car
Datsun will showcase the Go-Cross concept, the Bluebird 1600 SSS (510) rally car as well as feature rich versions of the Go and the Go+ at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Datsun Go-Cross, which debuted at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show, is primarily targeted at global markets. Considering the growing fondness for crossovers in India, the Go-Cross is expected to reach our shores as well.
Although the specifications aren't out yet, Datsun's design head, Koji Nagano, has said that the crossover can be modified to meet the requirements of different markets. This means that the Go-Cross can also be reduced in length to take advantage of the duty benefits for sub-four-metre cars in India.
The Datsun Go-Cross does look like it's production ready, but certain bits might not make it to the final car, for instance, the wing mirrors, the large wheels and other ornamental elements that are usually found on concepts. One can expect the design cues on the Go-Cross to lend it a premium look and feel as well as enhance its presence.
Vincent Cobee, head of Datsun, has stated that the Go-Cross would either be powered by a new family of engines or by the existing powertrains in different states of tune, to match its crossover intents.
Parked alongside the Datsun Go-Cross will be the Datsun Bluebird 1600 SSS (510) rally car, which brought the brand some fame in the early 1970s with quite a few rally wins in the US and Australia. According to the company, this vehicle embodies the fighting spirit and winning determination that anchors the Datsun brand.
Also sharing the spotlight at the Datsun stand at the Expo will be improved versions of the Go and Go+. Visitors can also experience the roomy interior and onboard gaming consoles in the Datsun Go+ Smart display vehicle.
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased