Auto Expo 2016: Datsun to showcase Go-Cross and Bluebird 1600 SSS (510) rally car
Datsun will showcase the Go-Cross concept, the Bluebird 1600 SSS (510) rally car as well as feature rich versions of the Go and the Go+ at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Datsun Go-Cross, which debuted at the 44th Tokyo Motor Show, is primarily targeted at global markets. Considering the growing fondness for crossovers in India, the Go-Cross is expected to reach our shores as well.
Although the specifications aren't out yet, Datsun's design head, Koji Nagano, has said that the crossover can be modified to meet the requirements of different markets. This means that the Go-Cross can also be reduced in length to take advantage of the duty benefits for sub-four-metre cars in India.
The Datsun Go-Cross does look like it's production ready, but certain bits might not make it to the final car, for instance, the wing mirrors, the large wheels and other ornamental elements that are usually found on concepts. One can expect the design cues on the Go-Cross to lend it a premium look and feel as well as enhance its presence.
Vincent Cobee, head of Datsun, has stated that the Go-Cross would either be powered by a new family of engines or by the existing powertrains in different states of tune, to match its crossover intents.
Parked alongside the Datsun Go-Cross will be the Datsun Bluebird 1600 SSS (510) rally car, which brought the brand some fame in the early 1970s with quite a few rally wins in the US and Australia. According to the company, this vehicle embodies the fighting spirit and winning determination that anchors the Datsun brand.
Also sharing the spotlight at the Datsun stand at the Expo will be improved versions of the Go and Go+. Visitors can also experience the roomy interior and onboard gaming consoles in the Datsun Go+ Smart display vehicle.
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mahindra Rexton G4
- NewsTVS Ntorq 125 - Five things we love and three things we don't
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 first ride image gallery