Auto Expo 2016: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact SUV to be unveiled
2015 was a year filled with various launches from Maruti Suzuki and 2016 is only expected to be better. Maruti Suzuki have released a teaser of their Vitara Brezza compact SUV which will debut at the Auto Expo 2016 in February. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was first showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo as the XA-Alpha and later was codenamed the YBA compact SUV. Maruti says that the name Brezza means "Fresh Breeze" in Italian and the SUV will infuse freshness in an overcrowded segment.
The Vitara Brezza, from the silhouette looks inspired by the all-new Vitara sold internatioanlly. The teaser image shows a floating roof, sloping roofline and a general edgy design to it. Despite the short wheelbase and overall length (sub 4m), the design is still quite proportionate. Inside, the spy shots from before have showcased the new SmartPlay infotainment system, climate control and other creature comforts in the all-black cabin.
Maruti is expected to use the existing powertrain options from its portfolio. This means the 1.3-litre SHVS DDiS diesel and 1.4-litre K-Series petrol engines with manual transmissions seen in the Ertiga. Maruti could also offer their new in-house 1.5-litre diesel engine in the Brezza.
It is unconfirmed yet if this is the third Nexa product from Maruti Suzuki. Expect the new Maruti Vitara Brezza to be priced very competitively. Its competition includes the Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907