Auto Expo 2016: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza compact SUV to be unveiled
2015 was a year filled with various launches from Maruti Suzuki and 2016 is only expected to be better. Maruti Suzuki have released a teaser of their Vitara Brezza compact SUV which will debut at the Auto Expo 2016 in February. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was first showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo as the XA-Alpha and later was codenamed the YBA compact SUV. Maruti says that the name Brezza means "Fresh Breeze" in Italian and the SUV will infuse freshness in an overcrowded segment.
The Vitara Brezza, from the silhouette looks inspired by the all-new Vitara sold internatioanlly. The teaser image shows a floating roof, sloping roofline and a general edgy design to it. Despite the short wheelbase and overall length (sub 4m), the design is still quite proportionate. Inside, the spy shots from before have showcased the new SmartPlay infotainment system, climate control and other creature comforts in the all-black cabin.
Maruti is expected to use the existing powertrain options from its portfolio. This means the 1.3-litre SHVS DDiS diesel and 1.4-litre K-Series petrol engines with manual transmissions seen in the Ertiga. Maruti could also offer their new in-house 1.5-litre diesel engine in the Brezza.
It is unconfirmed yet if this is the third Nexa product from Maruti Suzuki. Expect the new Maruti Vitara Brezza to be priced very competitively. Its competition includes the Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300.
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.76 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased