Auto Expo 2018: 110PS/150Nm Tata Tiago Sport showcased, rivals Baleno RS and Polo GT TSI?
Last year, we told you about Tata Motors announcing its partnership with the Coimbatore based Jayem Automotives called JT Special Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture. It was confirmed back then that the first performance-spec offering from this partnership would be launched in India in 2018. And now Tata Motors has showcased the Tiago Sport that looks ready to reach dealerships across the country.
The Tata Tiago hatchback has been doing strong numbers for the company in terms of sales. The Tiago Sport comes equipped with a 1.2L turbocharged Revotron motor that makes 110PS and generates 150Nm of torque, which is much more than the 85PS/114Nm in regular version. This motor is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The company has still not disclosed any claimed figures on acceleration and top speed which we expect to be quicker and faster than the regular Tata Tiago.
In terms of design, the Tata Tiago Sport comes with sportier styled kits that includes larger scoops on the bumpers and side skirts along with distinct exterior colour schemes, similar to the Tata Sport that was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo in India. The cabin of the Tata Tiago Sport is equipped with all-black interiors, leather wrapped steering with contrasting red stitching, aluminium pedals and Harman infotainment system.
Tata Motors have been showcasing sports versions of their models for almost two decades now. They even had a Tata Indica Sport version. While Tata have had Jay Anand work on many sport versions of their cars with souped up performance and sporty bodykits, none have made it to production so far. Given this it remains to be seen if Tata are ready to 'bite the bullet' now and bring the Tiago Sport into the marketplace.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- NewsExclusive: BMW R 18 coming to India by Oct-Nov 2020
- FeaturesCYCLONE ALERT - Precautions for driving in case you have to: Things you should know
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!