Auto Expo 2018: 2018 Mini Countryman unveiled
BMW India unveiled its second generation Mini Countryman at the Auto Expo 2018. The car is produced at BMW's Chennai plant which should help drive costs down significantly since CBUs attract high import duties. The new Mini Countryman will be available in two petrol variants - Mini Countryman Cooper S and Mini Countryman Cooper S JCW Inspired - and one diesel model - Mini Countryman Cooper SD.
Speaking at the unveiling, Vikram Pawah , head , BMW Group, India said that Mini is the perfect fit for an urban environment and the all-new Mini Countryman offers a unique combination of functionality, everyday practicality and long-distance suitability.
The design looks like an evolution of the previous car whilst keeping basic elements of the first generation intact.
Engine options include a 2-litre, Twin Power Turbo, four-cylinder petrol engine that develops 192 PS and 280 Nm. The Mini Countryman Cooper SD gets a four-cylinder diesel engine that generates a peak output of 190 hp and a maximum torque of 400 Nm. It can sprint from 0-100 kmph in 7.7 seconds up to a top speed is 220 km/hr. Both engines are mated to an eight-speed transmision. The Mini Countryman Cooper S JCW is equipped with aerodynamic kit, rear roof spoiler and 18-inch JCW thrill spoke alloy wheels.
The delivery of the car will begin in the latter half of the year, but customers can test-drive the vehicle at Mini India showrooms and dealers in a few weeks.
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh